Pages

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Not 1, not 2, but 3!

This week has been a busy one, as I have been watching 3 babies! Yes...I have lost my mind.  No, not really, but I did come close a few times! :)  A friend of our family had surgery this week and needed someone to watch her son.  Honestly, watching little Madelaine and Ella Claire has proven to be a challenge for me on certain days (even though I love it!), so, I was slightly nervous about adding another little person! However, I have been praying for the Lord to show me how I can help serve other people.  He has done so much for me and I feel like I do so little for Him!  So, even though I was a little scared (call me a chicken, but 2 babies and a toddler really is a handful for a mother of one!), I knew deep down that it was what I needed to do. 

So, bright and early Monday morning our little buddy, Ashton, arrived and was ready to play and have some "slumber party" fun. We had a great time and actually the time flew by!  We sang silly songs, watched "little bear" a lot, ran around outside and ran around inside too. :) At first Ashton wasn't so sure about Ella Claire. I have mentioned before how much she loves Gus. Well, she does this thing where she practically lays on top of him to give him a hug.  She also tries to do this to Madelaine or anything else that is low to the ground that she wants to love on. Funny child...I know! When Ashton first arrived he was sitting in her chair and she tried to lay on his feet and then sit on him.  He did not like this sort of affection and insisted she get off. I on the other hand thought it was hysterical (I laughed only on the inside), but quickly picked my loving child up and removed her from the situation. :) After that, he warmed up to EC and they became great friends!

Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of our time together with Ashton, but here is one of him from last Christmas at my parents house.  Looks like a little boys dream come true to me.....watching Bob the Builder and sitting in a dump truck amidst your favorite toys!



































And, just for fun, here is a visual of Ella Claire being so affectionate...






































and again....



















and again....



















My parents, who had been out of town, arrived late Tuesday night and picked Ashton up on there way home. My mom will be watching him through the rest of the week. My mom is a great teacher. She has taught me and my siblings, by example and not just by her words, to serve others and put ourselves last. For that, I am thankful! I believe that is so very important, but, I have been a slow learner...I still have to remind myself daily. The neat thing is, most of the time, when we think we are helping someone else, by serving them, we realize how much it actually, is helping us. It can't be any better than that! 

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME reminder! Thanks Nat! Yep, I shed a tear ;)
    SJ

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...